Wednesday 15 July 2015

My Gratitude List- 20 Things I am thankful for.

I saw this post on one of my favourite blogs the other day www.milkbubbletea.com and thought it was such a lovely idea and would be a really uplifting post to write, so I thought I would give it a go.

1. My husband. Quite simply, he is the most supportive person in my life- he never questions my weird ways, is always there to listen to me babble on about this and that and he brings me cups of tea when I am in desperate need...WINNER.

2. My Parents. Without my amazing Mum and Dad I genuinely would not be where I am today- I know a lot of people say that but I actually mean it. They have helped me when I have needed them financially, emotionally  and physically! I know how lucky I am and I am so grateful for them both.

3. Living in Dorset. I am so lucky to live in such a beautiful place, there is always something to do and see. We live about twenty minutes from the beach and though I have never been much of a 'beach bum', I must admit there is something truly unique about just sitting by the beach and watching the world go by.


4. Health. Not only mine, but also that of my family and friends. We really do take for granted the fact that we can get out of bed in the morning, look outside and say 'Good morning' to our other half. When you stop and think how lucky you are just to be able to see, hear, smell and get around by yourself it makes you appreciate the little things.

5. My cats. We have two cats- Amber and Reggie. They will more than likely pop up on this page from time to time. Amber has been given the nickname 'The Ginger Beast' make of that what you will. Reggie is the most soppy and strange cat I have ever had but I wouldn't change either of them. We have had Amber for just over four years, and Reggie for three. They are part of our little family and we would not be without them now.

6. Netflix. Okay this is one of the more shallow ones! Whenever I am bored, Netflix is always there- my favourites are Pretty Little Liars and Orange is The New Black- both amazing and I highly recommend wasting a day of your life on these bad boys!


7. Books. I love to read. I am quite a slow reader so it takes me a while to get through a book usually but when I am on holiday I can easily do one a day! One of my favourite quotes is about reading - 'A book is a dream that you hold in your hand'- I just love this.


8. Baths. I love a good bath! My dream bath (which I do tend to point out to whoever I am with when we are in B&Q/Wickes/IKEA (delete as necessary) ) is a white roll top- dreamy. There is nothing better in my opinion than lighting some candles, putting on your favourite music and sinking into a (very hot) bubble bath. I love LUSH and always have a bath melt or bomb on the go.

9. Pyjamas. I live in pyjamas. My husband actually had to put me on a pyjama ban at one point as every time I ventured into Primark I came out with at least two more sets...as soon as I get home I change into pyjamas and I am in no way ashamed. My name is Natalie and I am addicted to pyjamas.


10. Fresh Bedding. I love the feeling and smell of fresh sheets...bliss.

11. My Home. We don't own our home, we rent. We have made this house our home and having lived in many different houses together, this is definitely the place we can see ourselves bringing up children and settling down long-term.

12. Gerard Butler, Robbie Williams, Chris Pratt and Jon Hamm- no other words needed really.

13. Social Media. A bit of a shallow one, but not really. I love that social media allows people to meet new friends, old friends and keep in touch with friends we may otherwise have drifted from due to life. Plus I met my husband through poking on Facebook, so I am extremely thankful it exists!

14. Writing. One of my big dreams is to write a book, I don't know what it would be about but I just love the idea of being able to do that.

15. Comfort food. Apart from the obvious "it keeps us alive", I am a massive foodie. Pasta, mashed potato, sandwiches, gherkins (don't judge me), crisps and olives are some of my favourites. Whenever I am ill or just miserable, my favourite pick me up is Heinz tomato soup with buttered toast instead of bread and some grated cheese dropped into the soup *drool*


16. Brian Blessed. Okay a very strange one I agree but I just love him. He is so full of energy and always makes me laugh.

17. Dry Shampoo. No explanation needed- this definitely improves my life.

18. Affection. I am a very affectionate person, my husband knows this. Holding hands, hugs, saying ' I love you', all these little things make me beam inside and out.

19. Straighteners. If only these little gems existed when I was in secondary school...oh how different life would have been!

20. Freedom. And finally, this is a huge one- how lucky I am to live in a country where I truly have freedom.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment